5b. A sweet evening, Brownies

This week I decided to try something sweet and easy. It has been a while since I made some brownies and I thought that would be the perfect after dinner snack. I found a recipe that claimed to be the best chewiest brownies and dove in.

Ingredients

3/4 cup of unsalted butter

4 ounce of bakers chocolate (chopped)

2 cups of granulated sugar

3 large eggs (at room temperature)

2 teaspoons of vanilla

1 cup of cocoa powder

1 cup of flour

1 teaspoon of salt

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 and line pan with parchment paper

2. melt butter and 2 ounces of chopped chocolate together

3. whisk in sugar, vanilla and eggs

4. Add coca powder, flour, salt and remaining 2 ounces of chocolate (batter will be very thick)

5. Place batter in lined pan and spread evenly

6. place pan in oven for 31 minutes

7. Cool on rack

Final thoughts

The recipe I used was found at

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/seriously-fudgy-homemade-brownies/

Making this recipe I actually messed up and didn’t follow the instructions completely, I forgot to add the sugar until last so it didn’t completely mix in with the butter. Fortunately this just made for an extra thick batter but ended up melting out fine once it was heated up. This made for a slightly denser chewier brownie than I had made before but still tasted amazing! Just goes to show mistakes can be made while baking and this is a particularly forgiving recipe. Maybe not so forgiving for my body though, now what do I do with 40 squares of brownies?? Placing the parchment paper in the pan made for easy removal and cutting of the brownies and I highly recommend it!

2 Responses

• I tried to make these, but personalized them. I added a bit of cinnamon and cayenne pepper. I didn’t have any “white flour” so I used what I had on hand…rye flour. It actually turned out pretty well, but it’s hard to go wrong with brownies. So tasty!