9b. A Simple Naan

Today I decided to try to make some spur of the moment naan bread to go along with dinner. I had accomplished my goal of making a full loaf of bread last week so I was thinking of other types of bread I could try and this sounded fun! I found a recipe that was only a few ingredients (probably a much oversimplified version) and got to work. I adapted the recipe with some roasted garlic like I did in my garlic loaf last week. The recipe also called for self rising flour but I tried it without and it seemed to work out. I also halved the recipe from what is listed below so I did not end up with too much dough for my supper.

Ingredients:

• 1 3/4 cup of flour (self rising called for I didn’t)
  • 1 cup of Greek Yogurt
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 head of roasted garlic
  • melted butter to brush on

Instructions

1. Mix together ingredients into a dough
  2. Divide into even portions
  3. Flatten into circular shapes
  4. Cook on a non-stick pan on medium heat on each side (2-3 mins)
  5. Lightly brush the surface of the naan with butter

Final Thoughts

This was seriously the easiest recipe I have ever tried and it turned out quite well! I made the mistake of making my pan far too hot so it did not cook all the way though as thoroughly as I would have liked but it still tasted great. The roasted garlic worked into the dough was a great choice and I am glad I learned that skill from last week. The entire process took about 15 minutes, made around 5 pieces of naan and it made a great addition to my meal, I will definitely be doing this again!