6b. A twist on the bagels

I decided I wanted to try some different flavourings in some bagels I made and see if my technique had improved at all with what I had learned from the last time I made them. The main recipe I used can be found in my previous blog found at:

2b. Bagels, an attempt at first

What I did differently this time was I bought a bunch of toppings that would be good inside an sprinkled onto the bagels. I purchased sesame seeds, poppy seeds, chopped dried onion and chia seeds. I decided to mix the poppy seeds into the dough to begin with just to give some texture and extra flavour throughout the bagels. One of my main criticisms of my last bagel batch was the flavour was all on one side once it was chopped in half. Hopefully this will help.

Another change I made is bagel size, hole size, and how I rolled the shape into a sphere before punching holes. I made the bagels bigger with smaller wholes to make into better sandwiches.

That first bite of a bagel fresh out of the oven with melted butter on it was heaven. This was a big success.

One Response